As a small, personal and independent lettings agency with a Managing Director owner who has over 25 years in the industry. Our approach is personal as we’re small enough to care about our all properties, landlords and tenants.
Our core values revolve around getting tenants and landlords working together in a fair and equal way; The Homematch Way. Homematch pride ourselves on being able to assess property from the perspective of all the parties involved.
We’re passionate about property; an asset for a landlord is a tenants home. Both want a property that’s cared for. Only by matching a good landlord, a good tenant and a good agent can you keep a property that’s cared for and maintains its commercial value.
#goodlandlord #goodtenant #goodagent
- Firm and fair
- Passionate about property
Personal service / Small enough to care
- Passionate about property
- Getting tenants and landlords working together
- 25 years experience as an agent and landlord
- Fair & honest
Homematch attend to ALL general maintenance & repairs within one week.
Use loyal reliable trades used on our own property and homes.
Property under our care should be well presented – but not over the top. Each item supplied is liable for repair or replacement. For the most part tenants like to choose many of their surroundings and colour scheme fro items such as a kettle toaster to their own door matt!
Houses that are too fussy or over filled can be off putting to someone wanting to make a home theirs.
Standard Homematch encourage;
- Deep cleaning regular basis
- A valid Gas Safety Certificate to be renewed yearly
- An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) to be renewed every 5 years
- Have working smoke/carbon monoxide alarms. We offer our landlord a FREE ACR Alarm Condition report to keep track of your alarms legality (expand) shelf life etc.
- To be compliant with HHSRS requirements: Legionella / PAT testing
- Correct Landlords Insurance for buildings – landlord insurance for alternative accommodation etc. is a standard of many Licensing schemes we can offer to broker this for you £25 fee. We will offer your tenants contents insurance s for their own possession.
- Consent to Let from mortgage company
- Well maintained property as standard especially roofs and guttering
- Double glazing
- Secure external doors and windows – security lighting / alarms
Encourage in addition…
- Freshly and tastefully decorated. We suggest a cycle of painting to wall by wall as appropriate to stop the cost of full impact refurbishment
- High Efficiency boilers and heating (where practical) with cover
- Keep a sink fun / float for major replacements such as white goods/boilers.
Awareness of major dilapidation – major asset needs good maintenance to get
- Sturdy and good quality furniture for furnished homes – expected life spans and budget in advance
- Modern kitchens and bathrooms
- Quality, matching floor coverings
- Forced tenancy renewals
- Don’t tie tenants in with long contract – we find they stay when they are left alone but needs attended to and the contract left to periodic gives flexibility
- Making tenants wait for repairs