In the year ending June 2019, 215 people lost their lives due to a fire at home.
You are around 8 times more likely to die from a fire if you don’t have a working smoke alarm in your home.
Would your smoke alarm save you?
Get the facts:
- working smoke alarms correctly positioned in your home can save your life
- make sure you test your smoke alarms at least once a month
- make sure you have smoke alarms on every floor of your home, including in each bedroom
- do not put a smoke alarm in a kitchen or bathroom
- don’t ever paint over a smoke alarm
- have a plan for how you’d leave your home if your smoke alarms go off, and make sure everyone in your home knows what it is